You know, I'm all for taking a moment to remember Nodar Kumaritashvili and his death during luge practice at the 2010 Winter Olympics. But I strongly believe we should also be taking a moment to remember the fact that we've lost others, as well.

Francisco Lázaro - 21 year old runner from Portugal, died at the 1912 Summer Olympics in Stockholm.
Nicolae Berechet - 20 year old boxer from Romania, died at the 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin.
Knut Jensen - 23 year old cyclist from Denmark, died at the 1960 Summer Olympics in Rome.
Ross Milne - 19 year old downhill skier from Australia, died at the 1964 Winter Olympics in Innsbruck.
Kazimierz Kay-Skrzypecki - 55 year old luge racer from Britain, also died at the 1964 Winter Olympics in Innsbruck.
Nicolas Bochatay - 27 year old speed skater from Switzerland, died at the 1992 Winter Olympics in Albertville.

And last, but not least in my mind, the 11 Israeli Olympic team members that were taken hostage by terrorists and killed at the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich:

Mark Slavin - 18 years old - Wrestler
Amitzur Shapira - 40 years old - Track coach
Yossef Gutfreund - 40 years old - Wrestling referee
Yakov Springer - 51 years old - Weightlifting judge
Kehat Shorr - 53 years old - Shooting coach

Seeing death as the end of life is like seeing the horizon as the end of the ocean.