Urban Shaman (Walker Papers, #1) by C.E. Murphy

Urban Shaman - C.E. Murphy

This is another wordy one. I can appreciate the description of the location and a paragraph about some inane events that don't matter much, but lead into the good stuff. But damn, I just wanted to get to the action already!

I wouldn't call this a romance. I'm not sure why so many people have labeled it as such, since there are only two kisses - one of which isn't welcome and the second you can't be real sure about, either.

I was totally convinced that Joanne would get it on with her boss, but that didn't happen. *sigh*

So let's get to the good stuff, shall we? The mythology and magic here is awesome. It's crazy confusing, but it's awesome. I'm so happy that I started reading this after the series was firmly established, because now I know I've got a few more books to read that I'll enjoy. But because it's so confusing, I can't really explain anything to you that you wouldn't already know. Joanne is a shaman, she fights the bad Celtic gods and heals people. Anything beyond that would be spoilerific and I doubt I'd be able to explain without twenty paragraphs of too much information.

I'd recommend this for UF and PNR fans. Look forward to more reviews of this series from me, since I'll be starting on the next one as soon as I stuff some food in my face hole. I skipped lunch to read this - that's a glowing recommendation for me.