Day 17: Favorite quote from your favorite book...

I had the best of intentions with this challenge. I wanted to complete it properly. But apparently I can't stop cheating. I couldn't pick a favorite male or female character and now I can't pick a favorite quote from my favorite book. The first problem being that I couldn't possibly pick just one book to call my favorite. Aside from my abnormal attraction to series, I have a favorite sci-fi, a favorite historical romance, a favorite epic fantasy... How do I pick one to draw a quote from? And my favorite quote ever might not be from my favorite book. And my favorite book may not have a really great quote. This is a big decision. The people that read this will judge what kind of person I may be by what quotes I choose. If I pick something misogynistic or vapid, what will people think?! Why do you do this to me, Book Challenge, why?!

So... here we go again with the cheating. Here are some of my favorite quotes from some of my favorite books.

"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

- Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling

“If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?”
- Alice's Adventures in Wonderland & Through the Looking-Glass by Lewis Carroll

“Ver reisa ku'chae. Kem surah, shei'tani."

(Your soul calls out. Mine answers, beloved.)
- Lord of the Fading Lands by C.L. Wilson

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love.”
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

“It's called civilization. Women invented it, and every time you men blow it all to bits, we just invent it again.”
- The Folk of the Fringe by Orson Scott Card

“The Dark cannot claim what Light does not surrender.”
- Crown of Crystal Flame by C.L. Wilson

“Ford... you're turning into a penguin. Stop it.”
- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

“Let us step into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.”
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling