Guardian of the Storm - Kaitlyn O'Connor 1.5 starsThis is an interesting story that, unfortunately, pissed me off.Tempest spends most of her time in her own head. Not really an issue, except she was always contemplating her feelings for Kiran and his feelings for her. Mostly making assumptions and displaying her ignorance and prejudice against his people. I considered shoving bamboo shoots under my own nails after reading pages and pages of her mental meanderings. She truly was ignorant and I disliked her immensely.I really felt for Kiran, though. He had to put up with Tempest while she destroyed his life and the religion of everyone on the planet. His behavior was protective and tender, even with the language barrier. And I definitely approve of loin cloths.The nail in the coffin, though, was the slap dash ending. The whole story leads up to this one point - saving the whole freaking world - which ends up being a single, final paragraph. Like the author couldn't figure out how to make a climax happen, so she pulled a "And so, the good guys saved the day and all was right in the world. The End." for the finish. What the hell?Cliffhangers don't bother me if the book can stand on its own. But this wasn't a cliffhanger. This was a cop-out ending. I've never seen such a weak ending. A decent, yet short, ending would have taken maybe another 2 pages. And honestly, taking out some of Tempest's ridiculous worrying would have freed up plenty of space.I disliked the heroine so much and felt cheated out of a legitimate ending, that I'm left with a very negative feeling from this book. The concept was really interesting, but the author ruined it with pages of unnecessary fretting and a barely-there ending.I'd recommend this to people I want to punish with the mental anguish of an immature, desperately lonely, and ignorant "woman"...