West of Want (Hearts of the Anemoi, Book Two) - Laura Kaye "Zephyros Martius is the Supreme God of the West Wind and Spring..."That shit made me snort out loud. I'm sorry, but it's just so pretentious sounding. I'll still read it, though.And now that I've read it... I liked it, but I'm kind of embarrassed that I liked it. You know what I mean?Zephyros (not a name that rolls off the mental tongue for me) is a good character. He's a good person. Maybe a little too good? He wore his heart on his sleeve, which made him entirely too vulnerable to his younger brother's evil doings. Little brother, by the way - totally evil and disturbingly vile.Ella was, in a word, refreshing. She was the victim of repeated loss and instead of holding onto the anguish like Zeph did, she basically decided to start fresh and live. I think her reaction to Zeph being a god was brilliant. No denials, no hysterics, no anger. I found myself thinking "Hell yeah, that's what I'd say!" So, I really enjoyed her banter with Zeph.The romance was absolutely insta-love. But just this once, I was really okay with it. It was also really corny, but too sweet and tender to be annoying. I hope that makes sense. As I reading it, I was like "I shouldn't be enjoying this cheesy dialogue, but awwww!" It surprised me to find that I enjoyed it, but it's not like I was gonna stop reading because I liked it.Oh! And is it weird that Laura Kaye will use a ton of different euphemisms for "penis" and "vagina", but still uses the word "balls"? I feel like "balls" is on par with "vagina", and definitely with "penis". Am I weird? Maybe. My nitpicking continues with a continuity moment, where Zeph has to look around for a blanket after magically materializing clothes for himself. Even later, he materializes a blanket, so why couldn't he in the beginning? I got so hung up on that, I almost made a status update before realizing I shouldn't care that much. But apparently I care enough to write a whole paragraph about it in my review. MOVING ON...I don't really have anything else to say, actually. I feel like I keep using the words "enjoyed" and "liked" because I don't want to say that I "loved" a book. I love Harry Potter and Cat & Bones. But I like and enjoy a lot of books that are crap compared to this one, so what's a word that would fall somewhere between "like" and "love"? That's how I feel about this book.