Smart and Sexy

Smart and Sexy - Jill Shalvis I hate the heroine. She's too contradictory, she's a pussy, and I'll eat glass before I believe the "Smart" in this book title refers to Bailey. No way. I've read over some pretty horrible heroines and I have high standards for the girls that try to take on the bad guys all by themselves. If they're TSTL, I put the book down. I don't want to suspend my disbelief so a character doesn't seem too stupid to not get killed. I mean, really. Vampires, werewolves, explosions not killing people, guys kicking ass after taking a bullet... I can suspend my disbelief for those things. But when some stupid blonde should have been dumped on her ass by the hero and left to rot because she's not only a shitty person, but a dangerous waste of time, I'm not buying it.Noah is a great character. I liked him a lot and continued reading this crappy book for another hundred pages just because he was yummy. But Bailey is retarded and I can't stomach her anymore. She's supposed to be terrified, her life in danger, etc. But she spends all her time either a) swooning over Noah's hard body, b) trying to run off into the frozen wilderness all by her lonesome, and c) shaking like a leaf.If the author tells me that this character is too scared to function, WHY THE HELL DOES SHE KEEP TRYING TO MAKE THAT CHARACTER FUNCTION?!This is just a mess. I can't finish it.