Immortally Yours

Immortally Yours - Angie Fox The concept is strong. It should be an awesome book. Instead, it's chapter after chapter of Petra being weak, selfish, and shortsighted. And then the author tops it off with a whimper, not a bang. The climax was a total non-event that was stymied by the first person POV. I found myself in the middle of the climax before I realized that I was supposed to be excited and things were apparently wrapping up.God, this was so disappointing. I think my expectations were a bit high, due to the blurb. I mean, it sounds fucking awesome, doesn't it? And the first couple chapters had me totally hooked. But it felt like the author just lost interest in trying to make things interesting and just hammered out the quickest ending she could.I'm not sure I'll continue this series. I've read positive reviews, but the blurb touches on at least two things I'm usually disinterested in. We'll see. I feel like I got a decent dose of Petra and Galen, even if their story isn't complete in the series, it was enough of an ending for me that I don't feel the need to read more of their future.Not exactly a rave review, eh? I really enjoyed certain parts, but I hated other parts and lost it at the non-climax.