Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3)

Flirting with Disaster (Camelot, #3) - Ruthie Knox Part of me loved this. Part of me loathed it. And part of me had the usual complaints about romances and weak-minded heroines.First, loving it. The romance was sweet and sexy. I liked both Katie and Sean - Sean really tugged at my heartstrings with his stutter and Katie annoyed me with not putting her foot down. Judah was an awesome not-so-secondary character and I really loved the banter that flowed between him and Katie. And it's always nice to have a geek hero. Bonus points for that, Knox!On the other hand, I loathed it. And this is purely personal and should in no way factor into your decision on whether or not to read this book. But I loathed it because it hit so close to home. My current situation has disturbing parallels to the issues in the story. Not all of it, but bits and pieces. The guy I'm with has some of the same issues Sean has, though not due to the same events - the resulting issues are the same. And it was really difficult to see parts of my relationship laid out on a page in black and white where I could read it as a third party and go "Oh... that's totally what I'm doing and now I see why it's not helping at all." It was a total mind melt and I ended up going through some scenes with this sense of anxiety, like I wanted to know just how fucked up my relationship was, but I really didn't want to know because ignorance can really be bliss sometimes. I mean, it's not my relationship in the book, but there were so many moments that reminded me of my relationship that I couldn't help but feel like my fate was tied to Katie and Sean's happily ever after. How messed up is that?! As if these two fictional characters with issues could make it work, then me and my guy with our sorta-similar issues must be able to make it work. What. The. Fuck. Am. I. Thinking.It doesn't even matter. I still enjoyed the story, even if I'm now terribly disturbed with myself and feel like I need to re-evaluate my relationship.