The Madness of Lord Ian MacKenzie (Leisure Historical Romance)

The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie -  Jennifer Ashley I gave this a shot because The Holy Terror said it was one of the few historical romances she didn't hate. I like them fine enough, but they've all sounded a bit too similar lately. But this was a lovely novel. I enjoyed most of the characters, the romance felt genuine, and the suspense worked well.My only minor complaint is that I wanted to hear a bit more about Ian's desire and attempts to look Beth in the eye. I wanted to see him develop a little, loosen up a bit, and accept Beth as an anchor when he had an episode. That would have made this 5 stars for me. As it is, it's a great story that I thoroughly enjoyed.I think Ian suffers from Asperger's Syndrome and Savant Syndrome (didn't read reviews or anything to check on this). I am in no way educated on either of these disorders past the point of being able to recognize the most common and visible symptoms. Savant Syndrome might actually be part of Asperger's, I dunno. But while the author does a decent job of explaining the symptoms, I think she could have done a lot better. The whys and hows might be unknown in the Victorian era, so a diagnosis would be a little ridiculous, but I'd have enjoyed a bit more discussion on the symptoms, how they effected Ian's life, and what (if anything) lessened his suffering.