Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Book 2)

Murder of Crows (The Twenty-Sided Sorceress Book 2) - Annie Bellet I had a really good time reading part one, but part two has let me down. I was totally digging Jade in the previous book and it looks like she's headed downhill development-wise.

Jade keeps running off to face The Big Bad by herself. She knows she shouldn't be going alone, she knows she should not try to keep her uber experienced friends away from the fight. She knows she's not strong enough to do this alone. Does she do it anyway? YES. Which makes her TSTL. Honestly, she is constantly talking about how she isn't powerful anymore and she's straining herself doing all this magic, but she never suffers any consequences for using too much magic. Apparently she is a neverending font even though the author has repeatedly clarified that no, Jade's power is not unlimited. Don't tell me that the magic is limited and then never have her run out or push it too far.

Anyway, Jade is kinda TSTL in this book. And she basically ruins her brand new relationship with Alek because she did some horribly shitty things. I haven't read even the blurb for the next book in the series, but I assume we'll spend a good bit of time watching Jade pout over Alek.

I'm definitely going to read the next book, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that our main character doesn't continue to deteriorate.