Against the Tide (The Brodies Of Alaska)

Against the Tide (The Brodies Of Alaska) - Kat Martin Some guy is murdered, so his boss and the guy's fiance's boss are gonna solve the murder together. What? Why? What fucking business is it of yours? Olivia. Who owns a diner. Is gonna solve the murder of a guy she barely knew. WHY? And no, she does not have an investigative or criminal justice background. She's just terribly offended that somebody would commit murder, so she's on the god damn case! WHY? Ugh! She of all people should be keeping her head down and anyone with two brain cells to rub together would know that investigating a murder in a small town is NOT the way to do that. But she's like "I'm coming with you to question people, I've got a few questions to ask this stranger myself!" WTF WHY?

Also, the crime scene techs fingerprinted the inside of a boat, but Rafe is like "instantly aware that nobody had been on board since he left yesterday"... Gosh, I wonder how they fingerprinted the boat - perhaps with winged CSI technicians? That's a seriously dumb continuity error after the author went to the effort of discussing the fingerprinting being done in the first place. It annoyed me a lot.

Everything so far tells me the author called it in on this one, so I'm calling it quits.