Enticed by His Forgotten Lover (Harlequin Desire)

Enticed by His Forgotten Lover (Harlequin Desire) - Maya Banks This is another one of the books I buy at the Flea Market for 5 cents apiece and then return the next week to buy another dozen. I know Maya Banks usually writes a decent story, so I snagged it even though the blurb sounds kinda ridiculous.

But it was surprisingly good! Bryony was a delightful character, though she had a moment to be a total badass and didn't take it. Rafael was interesting, though really... total bastard. He turns it around in the end, thankfully. I thought the premise was silly at first, but Maya Banks made it work.

I'm not sure who I would recommend it to, as this isn't the type of thing I see showing up on my friends' to-read shelves. Maybe if you like amnesia/redemption stories? I dunno.

I've looked at the other three stories in this series - each business partner of Rafael's finds their twue wuv - but they sound kinda horrible. I mean, this story sounded pretty bad, but the rest sound worse. The reviews don't make them sound any better and let's be honest, Rafael was easier to like because of his amnesia... the other guys have been right bastards from the start and have made no bones about it. Harder to get past that and enjoy them. So I won't be reading the rest of the series.