Her Perfect Mate

Her Perfect Mate - Paige Tyler This was a decent start to the series. Nothing spectacular, but definitely a worthy read if this kind of story - PNR/military/shifter - is your thing.

The characters, the drama, the romance, and the story arc that will continue throughout the rest of the series will all be familiar to you. The heroine, Ivy, is a TSTL Mary Sue. Apparently she's been a super secret special agent out in the field plenty, but throughout the whole book she does stupid and/or crazy shit that almost gets everyone dead. As for Landon... I don't really know anything about him. He was a cookie cutter hero - abusive childhood, overachiever in the military, few relationships, but the most perfect man everrr! *bats eyelashes*

The unique bit about this world Paige Tyler has built is that the shifters don't actually shift into their respective animals. They take on some features and characteristics, but they don't turn into actual lions, tigers, and bears (oh my). That makes it a bit more believable, you know? But the rest is pretty formulaic. The author still managed to patch all the tropes together to make an entertaining story, so give it a shot.

I'll check out the rest of the series as they come, but I'm pretty sure I know where the main story arc is going so I'm still on the fence. I guess we'll see when the reviews come out.