Mirror, Mirror

Mirror, Mirror - Mary Blayney, Mary Kay McComas, Elaine Fox, R.C. Ryan, J.D. Robb Taken in Death by J.D. Robb:
Didn't read it. I've only made it to #32 of the In Death series, so I'll come back to this one after I hit #37.

If Wishes Were Horses by Mary Blayney:
Pretty good. I'd have liked to see a bit more of the coin's magic and I think the "I love yous" were a bit corny in their timing, but I still enjoyed it.

Beauty, Sleeping by Elaine Fox:
This one was written oddly. We go from 3rd person, past tense to 1st person, present. It almost felt like a diary, but then there was a fairy that would randomly butt in. And then the narrator would randomly have to describe what she was doing. There was no explanation of the past-life thing. Kinda... disappointed.

The Christmas Comet by Mary Kay McComas:
I DNF'd this one. I tried to read it, but I was annoyed with the MC. It's like she tried to be a Mary Sue, but couldn't pull it off. And the whole thing was bumming me out.

Stroke of Midnight by R.C. Ryan:
This is the story I picked up this book for. And while it was nice, it was also disappointing. Sydney was a pushover and had zero confidence. The whole "Yes, I'll marry you!" nonsense after knowing Cullen for 3 whole days, not knowing his last name or anything... bullshit. Total bullshit. The author could have improved the story with a final scene giving the wicked stepmother a taste of her own medicine, rubbing the truth in her face, something! But no. Fade to black in the middle of a scene, the end. Bah!

So I read three out of five stories, DNF'd one, and will attempt the last story later. Out of the three I read, I wasn't impressed with any of them. They were just meh.