Edge of the Heat

Edge of the Heat - Lisa Ladew 1.5 stars Most of this book was read with this look on my face:

image

Emma had a vision while she was unconscious. In this vision, she's with the "love of her life", who has dark hair and skin, and gives her full-body tingles. Then she meets Craig - a guy with light hair and skin who gives her full-body tingles and she really likes him, but he's not the guy in her vision so she can't fall in love with him. Instead, she accepts a date from a skeevy doctor because he has dark hair and skin. The doctor is a total dick and she is miserable on their date, but she's still all "But he could be The One, so..." Then he tries to rape her and I guess that was enough to convince her that no, he's probably not The One. She calls Craig to save her from Mr. Not-The-One-Cuz-He's-A-Rapist and Craig calls his FBI friend... who happens to have dark hair and skin, so Emma fucking asks him out on a date!

image

Every other page was DNF-worthy, but Emma's decision-making and logic was so ridiculously bad that I had to keep going to find out who this fucking vision was about. She's basing all her important decisions on it, so it better be DAMN good, right? It's exactly what I thought. I totally fucking called it! But I won't ruin it for you. I should, because this story is a complete waste of time and you shouldn't bother reading it, but I won't. And the CLIFFHANGER ending is rage-inducing. I don't want to read the rest. I'll just assume they live HEA, even though Emma probably doesn't deserve it, and fuck it.